I wasn't sure how I'd be able to cope going into this, but I can now say it's not so bad.
- Flexible schedule.
- I can wear whatever I want, although I usually go through the morning routine of breakfast, shower, clean clothes before starting - it doesn't feel right when I skip any of that.
- No distractions... ok, maybe not so much.
- Lack of social opportunities - I've gone weeks between sojourns to the office, but it seems others in my group do the same.
- More distractions - In the winter I was trying to stop a squirrel from stealing my bird seed. Then we got a dog. A DOG!
- No one to keep an eye on you - I went to the office a few weeks ago and my boss was right behind me. I was much less distracted that day.
Still not 100% sold on this job, but it is getting better. I have some paths forward career-wise, but I will need to take certain steps to get there. It requires things that don't come naturally to me, like ambition, old fashioned gumption, and sticktoitiveness. I'm always up for learning new things. Sometimes it's harder to focus on those things that build your character, but after a few years of having a job I wasn't passionate about (although the people were great), it's something I have to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment