Last summer, I attempted a challenge where I was to do 15 minutes of something every day for 100 days. I decided that writing here was a great idea. So I started and tried and tried my hardest. I made it about 35 days before falling flat on my face. Partially because vacations got in the way and threw me off my groove, and partially because writing in a ridiculously hot apartment wasn't very appealing, but mostly because I gave up on the habit.
The challenge has surfaced again this year. And so I'm back. To try again. Writing. Things of substance. In the cell phone generation where thoughts to the world are 140 characters long, and your popularity is based on how many likes you receive, writing in a blog seems so 2004. Like the year when I started posting things on here. Yikes.
But anyway, I think I can do it. I have a tendency of making sweeping proclaimations about something and then falling hard. Fast. No more ice cream. Always getting up for a walk in the morning. Reading a new book every month. Fail. Fail. Fail. F.A.I.L.
But I'm sure can do it.
If I miss a day, it's not the end of the world. If write less than 15 minutes every day, it's not the end of the world. If the power goes out and I can't reach the Internet, it's not the end of the world.
I know I can do it.
One day at a time. One step on the road. One word ahead of another.
The least I can do is try.
No comments:
Post a Comment